out the door for good

What did you do for your kids before they left home to go out in the real world and start there new life`s as an adult

LoVe4Free

Asked by LoVe4Free at 1:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• What did I do FOR my children?? It is more what I HAVEN'T done for my children. I haven't allowed them to go into the world as adults without knowing how to do laundry, dishes, clean a bathroom, cook several meals from start to finish, etc. They can manage their money, they can socialize with their peer group, they know that alcohol is to be consumed as a legal adult and in moderation and never when driving, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:05 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My mom left all of us after my brother graduated,hes the youngest.She moved to Texas from California and that was that!
    Manandyce

Answer by Manandyce at 5:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• you said it all twinsplus2 !!!
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i agree with twinsplus2more, the best thing you can do for them is teach them how to survive in the real world. Make sure they know how to cook, do laundry, manage their money, clean, when to and when not to drink and so on. I don't have adult children yet but I wish my mom had done more of that with me before letting me go out into the world. I can't cook I'm not very good with cleaning, so I'm trying to learn while having two toddlers to take care of.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Sorry about your mom i wish you and your family the best. Thank You lady`s
    LoVe4Free

Comment by LoVe4Free (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2010