Seperations Anxiety

I think my son is going through seperations anxiety and I'm not sure what to do about it. He'll be 12 months on the 1st. He has to be with me all the time, and he even won't let me go to the bathroom alone, going so far as to try and crawl onto my lap while I'm going. I don't know what to do. My husband and I are going to Vegas in a month for a couple of days, and I'm afraid to leave him alone, even with his grandma. Any advice is appreciated.

okgurl87

Asked by okgurl87 at 2:00 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give him all the love and attention he can handle. Do you have a good carrier? That will come in handy. Separation anxiety is all about trust and once he learns that he can trust you to always be there, he will settle back down.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:06 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have a 9 month old shadow so I know exactly what you mean as if you don't look at them all day, but anyway don't worry IF she he sees her on a regular because they don't act like that with everybody just us.I can leave her with like my sister, my mom, and her old daycare teacher and she doesn't even notice until i get back.Just take him there like a normal visit and it should be fine that way he wont be freaked out kids don't have the concept of tine anyway till they are bigger.
    Manandyce

Answer by Manandyce at 5:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Since you still have a month before your trip you may try leaving him with her for short periods of time to start and come back reassuring him that you will come back and then stretch those periods of time out a little longer each time. Maybe the time you are ready to go on your trip all of you will feel much better. Good luck to you I hope you have a great time on your trip and all goes well with your little one.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 9:11 AM on Sep. 24, 2010