How did you pick your kids god parents?

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 2:10 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• first time around, we really didn't know HOW to choose, so we chose hub's brother, a junior in h.s. and my sister, just graduated from h.s. - the second time around, we got smart - the first set of godparents didn't treat our son special or observe his birthdays, holidays, etc. - we chose my aunt and uncle who worshipped the ground that our first son walked on - they treated him as if he were their own - my aunt was only 15 years older than i - we were more like sisters - when 1st son saw how 2nd son was being treated, he asked if he could have 2nd son's godparents - they WERE already treating him special - but we made it official - we just never bothered to tell hub's bro or my sister about it - they probably didn't even remember being chosen as godparents - lol
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 7:42 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Dh and I were just discussing this. We both agree that you want to pick people who can take care of your kids if both of you pass. Where I come from a married couple is typically chosen by the parents to be godparents. Where he comes from the mom picks the godmother and the dad picks the god father.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We stuck to family members, because although you think a friend will always bee in your life you never know what will happen, but family is always there. As for the rest BluDog answered what I would say.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2010