Finances and Fights

Does anyone else find that their fights seem to be about finances, or the stress from finances causes fights eve nif not a bout money and such. Advice, comments, suggestions?!

BellaKristy

Asked by BellaKristy at 2:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, I have to agree. Most of our arguments are because of finances. That's why I started working from home, to make extra money for myself (nails, pedi, eyebrows, clothes) and to help out our Family as well. Many divorces are caused from finances.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We used to fight about finances alot. Now we are separated. That is not the only issue but it sure does not help.Yes I agree finances can cause alot of strain on a marriage.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 5:42 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No, because my husband and I are both savers so we always agree on money.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I agree, money is the root of all divorces and evil! Moms who contribute to the family income should have a say in what they spend and where they spend it. But sometimes to keep peace it is better to let him handle the finances and use your own money for what you want to buy. I have a home business and my husband and I never argue about money. My ex and I used to argue even though I had 2 jobs and felt I should be able to spend the money from my part-time job as I saw fit.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 3:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I agree! But when you agree about money it can be a super boost to a marriage. As Dave Ramsey says, "When you agree about money you're really agreeing about the future."

We used to fight a lot about money, but once we started working together on our budget things have really smoothed out!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2010