are your 4yrs like this????

i am having the hardest time with my 4 yr he is learning his colors again he knew them all at two along with his alphabet but he dosen't seem to remember them he knows orange and green and i know he knows blue but he gets iratted and throws tanturms and i do just like deigo does a show he loves but with yellow blue red purple he wont keep in his thought process for two seconds well i tested him out and repeated the question what color is the sun with the test he said yellow in 1 sec.. why so hard for him to remember what im teaching him .

magical_mommy

Asked by magical_mommy at 2:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I had the same problem with my 1st. Hes 7yrs old now and is being testd 4 ADHD. Also if u keep at something 4 2 long with a child that age they get restless. Its not that they 4get its that bthey r gettn tired of it if it last 4 2 long.
    olivia3579

Answer by olivia3579 at 2:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• my son has the symptoms of adhd i want him tested but they wont test till 6 i was told.
    magical_mommy

Comment by magical_mommy (original poster) at 2:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If they won't test him for another two years, I'd just try to be patient with him and let him know that it's okay and that it takes time to learn things.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I got frusterated with my son when he was about 4. We had alphabet flashcards and we would go through them together. Then if I scattered them on the floor and asked him to find a certain letter, he would. Then I would hold one up and ask him what it was and he couldn't tell me. Even if he just pointed it out a minute ago. Same with colors. I was told that this was just their normal learning process. Finding the right letter and actually being able to tell me what it was were two different learning processes. He is 7-1/2 now and seems to be right on track.
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 8:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2010