Do you believe we are going to become a Socialist Country?

I keep hearing on the news about Congress/ those on Capital Hill wanting to distribute the cash equally among the nation. The word Socialist keeps coming up? Or is Dictatorship on the rise? What and why do you believe this?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 2:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Conservatives use the term socialism to attack what are actually socially liberal policies that expand the role of government. There are some areas we should have government involved and regulating: the Deepwater rig explosion and constant food recalls are two examples. But no one is trying to take all the rich people's money and redistribute it to the poor; that would affect a lot of politicians, lol! You think they'd actually allow that? And our Constitution will not allow a Dictatorship; we have term limits and checks and balances of power.
    RachaelMac

Answer by RachaelMac at 2:55 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't know a lot about politics otr history, but this I know; No system lasts forever.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 2:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If we were a socialist country we would all have say as workers, health care and free higher education. We have none of those things, as a whole. If it were a dictatorship we wouldn't have 3 branches of government established to check and balance each other. I'm not sure what you mean by distribute the cash equally among the nation. Whose cash and where would it be distributed? Sounds like a Fox news type of we decide you concur theory to me.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2010