If you were an older women

And could not read or wright that well would you be ashamed "thinking all of the young ladys" would bash you for it or would you ask for help and not give a dame to what anyone said about you

LoVe4Free

Asked by LoVe4Free at 2:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in

• I am 23, so I guess I fall in the "Young ladies" category. I say ask for help and don't give a rat's behind what other people may or may not say/think about you. Anything you do in life, no matter what age you are, to improve yourself and your life is something that deserves respect and support. Anyone that would look down on someone trying to learn for not already knowing what they are trying to learn is immature. In my world, those sort of people's opinions don't matter.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 2:40 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No, I wouldn't be ashamed I would be proud of myself for doing the best that I could and knowing it's more important to ask questions and get the info that is needed than it is to read or write at any speed. Also, shame on anyone who would bash someone who is doing their best.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:42 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Oh for sure not be ashamed! They might laugh but they will be in the same predicament one day most likely!
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 4:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I'm 38 yrs old. I read and write very well, and I have from an early age. I can tell you without any doubt that regardless of age, I would NOT bash you for looking for help. EVERYONE has to learn sometime, NONE of us were born knowing how to read or write. It takes a LOT of courage to stand up and say "I need help, I can't do this, but I want to learn."

I would NOT bash you for that - I would respect and admire you for it!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The only time I "bash" someone for their poor behavior or skills in *any* area is when they take pride in their lower standards.

That said, I encourage anyone to practice and learn good communication skills, because I've learned through experience that having good communication skills makes life easier in a number of respects.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010