Please help... Im pretty sure I have gone CRAZY!!!

I honestly dont know what is wrong with me! I think maybe my life is out of control or something! I dont know! So... Ive always been quite a b*tch when it comes to cleaning... I used to be horrible about it compared to how I am now! I would tell my kids to clean up their toy room and if things werent in the correct spot, I would take it out and they would have to clean it up again! Im not nearly as bad now, we have a toy box now and that works just fine! HOWEVER... Im going nuts trying to keep up with EVERYTHING! Im a wife/mother and a full time machine operator that works the worlds most difficult shift for a mother... graveyard shift! My children think that its totally okay to just leave a mess like a tornado behind them where ever they go in this house! Before I went crazy (about two weeks ago) I would clean the house all week, run errands, take the kids to dr appts, dance, soccer, playdates, etc..........
continued below

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:40 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Momma you aren't alone one bit. I work between 40-50 hours a week and i start my work day at 2 AM and most days I don't end my day till 10-11PM. I get up at the crack ass of darn and then i start my day when i get out i come home make dinner clean the kitchen , find out that someone has nothing to wear tomorrow to school or childcare so laundry, bath brush teeth, book and bed time. Then i have to pick up the living room, maybe eat something and I just pass out as soon as i sit down and then I start my day all over again.
    I so know how you feel and yes it sucks and we are always tired but i love and care about my family and If i didn't do it who would so I would do anything in this world for my family. So i try to remember that when i am beat ass tired and i just want to crawl in bed and not do shit.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:46 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Mama, you aren't crazy. You just feel very very overwhelmed by all the responsibility, it seems. I can COMPLETELY relate! I don't have any useful advice but i can tell you that you are not alone in how you feel.
    Best of luck to you,
    angelenia
    angelenia

Answer by angelenia at 2:47 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Sorry they're putting you through this. Please know we understand what you're going through and know that you are not alone or crazy. You'll be in my thoughts and I hope you can find a way to get through to you DH and kids, so that they all pitch in and help.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• help with homework, play with my kids, read to them, etc.... I would bust my butt during the week so that on the weekends (when I work my horrible shift) I would have the house in order and things were done. Making life extremely easy for my husband! What was I thinking? Seriously? Im so sick and tired of being a parent that has to do things as if I were single! During the summer my husband would go to bed before the kids were in bed... he wouldnt even offer to put them to sleep or help! UGH!!! AND... When I get home monday mornings after working a 40hr weekend... the house is a HUGE WRECK!!! Its like I never even cleaned it the week before! I understand that my husband works during the week... thats fine, he doesnt have to do chores or clean or whatever during the week because on the weekend, when all I do is work and sleep... I dont clean either! BUT, on his days off, I dont understand why he cant help! UGH more below!
    sxc_mom_of2

Comment by sxc_mom_of2 (original poster) at 2:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Last friday when I was leaving for work I was SUPER STRESSED, UPSET, ETC... I told him that I was upset because I feel like Im always cleaning the house... He just stood there and told me he was sorry... everytime this happens and I talk to him about it, he says he is sorry but NOTHING EVER HAPPENS!!! UGH... he says its too overwhelming! UGH... I know its overwhelming... I live it everyday, all day!!! UGH!!! Well tonight my husband and kids and I went out... we were all in the best of moods on our way home... the second I opened the door to come inside the house, it was like I EXPLODED... THIS IS WHAT I WAS THINKING..."its thursday night and I still have to clean the entire house, including doing the dishes for the 4th time this week, doing laundry, I have to grocery shop, read to the kids, get them ready and in bed, get everything together for our kids birthdays next week, pay the bills, we have a playdate set up for tomorro
    sxc_mom_of2

Comment by sxc_mom_of2 (original poster) at 2:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• and a birthday party... I have to go to costco to get dog food... and I have to get SOME SLEEP... and I start my hell of a work weekend tomorrow at 3pm... UGH!!! Im soooo losing my mind!!! HELP!!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Comment by sxc_mom_of2 (original poster) at 2:51 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I just feel so overwhelmed... I seriously just want to walk out the door sometimes and disappear!!! It wont ever happen cause I love my family tooooooo much. But those thoughts have ran through my mind!
    I have told my husband before how overwhelmed that I am and he says that I do it to myself.... UGH!!! Im sooo annoyed!!! I love my husband and I know he means no harm but seriously... what the hell am I gonna do?
    sxc_mom_of2

Comment by sxc_mom_of2 (original poster) at 2:54 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Ive actually gotten to the stress point where I get the worlds worst headaches at night... so bad that I just cant sleep! Then I end up getting 4 hours of restless sleep! UGH UGH UGH!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Comment by sxc_mom_of2 (original poster) at 2:55 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• thank you, its good to know that Im not the only one!!! Well its not really cause I feel for all the other women out there! I hate this... I hate the fact that my daughter will be in the same boat we are all in, someday... I hate that! Its so frustrating! But thanks for the support ladies.. you have no clue how much it helps to hear that Im not alone!
    sxc_mom_of2

Comment by sxc_mom_of2 (original poster) at 3:00 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• :) thanks raemommy... that is some good motivation to remember! :) I like your way of thinking!
    sxc_mom_of2

Comment by sxc_mom_of2 (original poster) at 3:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2010