Need Advice

Well my friend called me tonight and told me that they just got served from their apartment complex because they are about 3 months behind but they paid some of it a couple days ago and they aren't going to have the rest until Oct 6th. T

Well she just recieved a you have been served notice tonight saying they have until Oct 4th to respond but the notice does state that they have been notifyed and need to vacat and respond by the 4th then they are having the sherriffs remove them from the premises.

If my friend tells them that they will have the rest on the 6th will they be ok because about beginning of the week they got a notice saying they are going to have to vacate because they are way to behind on their rent and the complexs lawyers are the ones taking action and even making my friends pay for the lawyer fees.

My Question is Do they need to be out by the 4th of October like it says or will the place most likely

FranklinsMommy

Asked by FranklinsMommy at 2:42 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• they have been paying so there not extremly monthly behind they only pay half of rent every month. So will the place work with them if she lets them know that they will have all the rest of what they are behind on when October 6th comes and then once that date comes they will be able to catch it all up
    FranklinsMommy

Comment by FranklinsMommy (original poster) at 2:44 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• They are 3 months behind on their rent and got served an eviction notice so they need to move out. Unless they pay all of what they owe and their October rent I doubt the landlord will work with them. It's worth a shot but since lawyers are already involved I doubt there is much of a chance of your friend being allowed to stay. Being served means it's been determined by the court. If they can't afford rent they probably can't afford defense against the judges ruling. Good luck!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:49 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• they will have 2 be out on the 4th.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 8:54 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would say, yes, they need to move. If they had difficulty paying the rent, they should have talked about it with the landlord before it became an issue.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If they've been served, they will need to go. The landlord HAS been working with them by accepting half rent already.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• They need to contact the court that served the notice

Answer by rkoloms at 9:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2010