Any ideas how I can get over this stomach flu? Very tired!

Spending a lot of time in the bathroom. Can't keep food down. don't want to eat. Feel sick to my stomach. Some pain & discomfort. My Caregiver shared it with me after her two son's shared it with her. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I don't have a chance to get over one infection before another arrives. Have not strength. Very tired. Any home remedies?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 2:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Health

• I totally believe in sage. It's my nunber one herb! It's antiseptic and I use it for a lot of things. It grows like mad in the garden and deosn't need much taking care of.
    It's soothing for everything that has to do with inflamation, diare, throwing up and beeing gassy. Just try the tea. If you i=use ut for the 1st time be careful. You might be allergic to it without knowing. When I first used it on my daughter I crushed a leave and rubbed it on soft the skin by her elbow and waited half a day if she'd have a reaction. Of course it's no guaraty, you just have to try. Good luck!
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:53 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Peppermint tea has worked for me. It is very soothing on the stomach, unlike other herbal teas. I know its hard to keep anything down but, you must keep hydrated. Try a bottle of Pedialyte which is high in electrolytes. This will give you energy. Good luck!
    malachai7

Answer by malachai7 at 3:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I read that yogurt shortens the duration of it because of the live bacteria.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I personally adore Pepto Bismol pills to help alleviate the stomach and nausea symptoms. After that I recommend getting as much sleep as possible and as much liquids as possible. Chicken soup is good, especially made fresh. Also, garlic is a natural antibiotic, so you can try to start adding fresh garlic in your cooking. I know some people who chew on a clove of it when they get sick....but I think that would be awful, so I'd stick to using it while cooking.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 4:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i tend to use kayopectate (sp?) over pepto.....but drinking sprite over anything else and eating chicken broth can help too
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 7:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would recommend probiotics after you can keep food down, clear diet right now....clear broth,icepops,gatorade,gingerale,sprite...work up to crackers, bananas and then alittle protein...like chicken.
    I've found that taking antiverts can help with the nausea...and if you take them before you feel sick it can help out alot.....immodium is the best for diarhrea, although they usually recommned letting that run its course but if you have to venture out.....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 3:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010