no friends or family....what happens now?

i literally have no friends that i can consult my feelings to or whom i can go out and relax with. my family is all divide, too far, or split in some way shape or form and i never speak with any of them on the phone either or in person.....i pry sound like a horrible person right about now, but the stories a too long to explain so trust me.....i'm not the bad guy. what do i do now? i have my hubby, but whom is a total male in the way he sees things and two babies who are too young to understand.........i need someone to listen to me, love me, appreciate me, kudos JUST MAYBE!!! someone to go out with......i feel like i will go crazy without someone...something....i need to talk. no money for a counselor either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• For one you can always talk to us here.
    Also, try going to play grounds, the library, and other places where there would be other moms with kids the same ages as yours and try to make some friends. It will get easier to meet other women with kids when your's are school age if you get involved at the school
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 3:14 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• do oyu have any hobbies? look in your area for groups on meetup.com
    my sister has met many cooking class buddies and running buddies on that site
    i used it to find playdates for my 2yo
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't think you need a counselor! I went through a period in my life similar to this except it was unintentional. It just happened that I got so caught up in my kids and home I forgot about me. If you ever need to talk please feel free to add me as a friend and vent I dont mind one bit. I am a good listener and I try to give good unbiased advice! I know all top well sometimes journals just dont cut it!
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 3:16 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We are totally here for you! I feel the same way sometimes! When I became pregnant with my kids I lost all my friends.. HOWEVER I was too young for babies at the time! All my friends were off to college and I was off to the delivery room! Im happy I have my kids though! :) If you ever wanna talk shoot me a message, I dont check this too often but we can be message buds! :) Hope you figure something out! Good luck!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• we will hear for you
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 3:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Go to activities with your children. You will meet people at story times (library... free) and playgrounds. Maybe join a volunteer organization? Just a few things off the top of my head.... good luck!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:49 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We are here for you,your not alone.If you just need someone to talk to you can message me anytime.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 11:13 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i can relate to a point, I found many friends when my children and I started attending Church. I also started doing as much as I could at school events. I know have three very close friends I can count on. Good luck, and never give up hope
    SueM48415

Answer by SueM48415 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think the playgroup idea is a good idea. When I first moved to Texas I knew no one, but I started volunteering and doing playgroups and found some friends.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 4:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Sometimes I feel the same way. :( I have family around, but I never get to TALK. It's always about what my g-ma or aunt needs done, my mom and I take care of both of them. Pretty much her and I are the only ones who help them. So usually my mom is too busy distracted to talk...
    I get what you're saying though. I usually feel like there is no where I "belong". If you know what I mean. I have a couple friends in town and out of town, but I never feel like they have time for me anymore. Hubby doesn't get it either, and my dd is 4! lol If you want a "pin-pal" feel free to message me!! :)
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2010