Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

9 Bumps

just don't enjoy it adult content

since my second child who is now 7 months. i havent been able to orgasim or really enjoy sex. it hurts really like i have to pee and has since birth. i had a c-section. we use lube, tried different positions, kept at it, tried again later, everything...............same thing....just not into it at all....its uncomfortable and just sucks! what's wrong with me? could they have possibly done something during the surgery?!?! thoughts please?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (12)
  • Im sorry but I dont have any ideas... My only strong suggestion is to talk to your dr about it! OR try a food that is an aphrodisiac... that might help!

    Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • You should see a gynecologist. Your hormones are probably out of whack, hence no enjoyment at all. Plus the feeling of having to pee could be a yeast infection. Sometimes you can have no symptoms. I don't think the surgery has anything to do with it though, but I am not a dr. Please get a check up.

    Answer by malachai7 at 3:18 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • After my second child, it felt awkward and not very enjoyable anymore... but I had my child naturally.. um, then my tubes tied. It hurt and sometime still does until I get used to it. I figure it just made everything really tight again and you have to kinda work it out? I don't really know how to explain it.. I would say to talk to a doctor about it.. maybe they have suggestions that would help you.

    Answer by ajc88 at 3:20 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • OP here. doctors arent much help now days. they told me i was stressed and just had a baby is why....itll come back to me. that was it. ?!?!??!?!?! hubby is left with no sex 'cause of how bad it feels for me.......sounds horrible...

    Answer by lilbabybugs at 3:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • I recommend you and lilbabybugs find a gynecologist who will listen to you and try to find what areas are painful by performing an exam. Checking for infections is a good idea and is the standard. Another possibility is scar tissue, we call adhesions, that forms in your body after having surgery. We first recommend exercise, stretching, and continued intercourse. Your husband may have to alter his depth of penetration until you can tolerate more. Surgery to release any "adhesions" or scar tissue is a last resort. Good luck. Dr.H

    Answer by kleolove at 4:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • I really dont know

    Answer by LiLJeni at 4:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • How's your nutrition? Most post-childbirth women are deficient in vitamins and minerals that are key in mood balance and sex drive. Zinc, magnesium, calcium, iron, vitamin C, B vitamins and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids all relate to mood balance, sex drive and nervous system health. Increasing intake of citrus fruits, dark green leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds, sweet peppers, fish like tuna and salmon, dried fruits, strawberries, peanut butter and yogurt could help your issues. It will take about 4 weeks of good nutrition to see a difference, so in the meantime you could try a topical L-Arginine supplement (they sell them in the family planning aisle with the lubricant). L-Arginine is a vasodilator, which means it brings more blood to the area. Some people are sensitive to L-Arginine and some aren't, so it could be a little trial and error to see if it works for you and how much to use.

    Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • I had a pain issue every time with my STBX and just recently had an ultrasound for something else and found out that I had a cyst that ruptured. I totally have no pain now and can wear tampons (which I couldn't before). Honestly, my OBGYN never thought to do an US back then when I complained all the time of the issue. Just said there was nothing wrong. Well, I am getting my tubes blocked so my new doctor did an US and that's how it was discovered.


    Answer by rio_burb at 8:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • Go see a urologist, you could have Interstacial Cystitus. I had it and it was all the symptoms you just described. The condition is basically tears in your bladder that become inflammed, making intercourse painful and in turn lowering your labido. I'd look into it if I were you.

    Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • There are a lot of things that can affect your sex drive. I would highly recommend finding an OB who will listen to you. There could be some physical things causing this. It can also be emotional. Do you think that you may be depressed? Depression and hormones can affect it as well. Good Luck.

    Answer by hsmominky at 10:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.