What would you do?

If there was a child that your child was friendly with but was a complete bad influence? I mean this almost 6 year old has tantrums whenever she doesn't get her way and her parents give in to her. She then throws tantrums to get what she wants, because she can. This child has never been in a time out. Every time my daughter is around her she starts acting like her and I refuse to give in to tantrums. I don't want my daughter to be around her, but a lot of people are giving me a hard time saying "the child is wanting to play with her, she's a good kid sometimes! Just be nice and let her play with her." She's allowed to treat my daughters things however she likes, but my daughter has to be very careful and cleanup after herself (which is fine and normal...but this girl should have to treat my daughters things in the exact same way!) I'm so beyond disgusted. Am I wrong not to want my daughter to play with her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't want to have that child around mine either! I am sorry but for all those other people saying oh just let them play together... how about they let their child play with that kid instead.. see how they like it. If that child has basically no rules and is allowed to get away with it.. then your child may beginning to wonder why she doesn't get to do similar stuff. That is a whole new thing to worry about.. ugh I just wouldn't want the added stress that that will cause but that's just my opinion..
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 3:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would want my DD to play with this little girl either. I believe and teach my children to treat people how you want to be treated and this little girl isn't someone that I would allow my DD to play with either.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• This si a good age to make this decision to start moving her away from this other girl. If you don't want to hurt her feelings by telling her point blank about it, find other play dates she likes to take up her time. No matter how you do it, imagine if they were teenagers and still friends and all the new problems and rebellion that would bring! It's a whole different ball game then! Not just toys and tantrums anymore at that age!
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 4:00 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• its totally ok if u dont want ur kid around a child like that i have a niece that was like that and she started to really rub off on my daughter so when she acted up i would let her mother know and sit down and talk to my daughter and let her know thats not how u get things all u have to do is ask and that i wouldnt talk to her if she acted like that so she is just right as rain and doesnt try that stuff with me even when she sees her cousin acting like that now.
    keta_girl

Answer by keta_girl at 4:02 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• my son can get like this sometimes, and i just handle it by correcting and disciplining my own child. if he doesn't stop the bad behavior, we go home. i can't control the way someone else allows their child to act, but i can enforce my rules with my son.
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 4:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No way would I let dd play with her!!!!! You should just tell dd that the other girl is just not respectful enough to be played with. Tell her that you aren't allowing it because you work very hard to buy her toys and nice things and you don't want to see them ruined by the other girl!!!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:02 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Ok, you are the parent of your child...you do what YOU think is best for her,not anyone else! Ignore others complaints, if this brat is bringing your kid down with her, stop it now!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2010