I suffer from insomina

I suffer from insomina and I don't want to take sleeping aids, any suggestions cause so far nothing is working except long sleepess nights.

rebelchickrocks

Asked by rebelchickrocks at 4:04 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Health

• I suffer from insomnia as well. Some things that are helpful....
    *Don't drink caffeinated beverages after 12:00noon
    *Find a comfortable sleeping temperature for you and keep your room at that temperature
    *Make sure your room is dark, use black out shades if you need to.
    *If you have to have an alarm clock, one without the light is better. If you must have a lighted clock, choose red or green. They are less likely to keep you awake.
    *take a hot shower about an hour before bed, it helps make you tired and it is a relaxing activity.
    *Try to avoid computers and television before bed. A better choice is a book.
    *Use white noise if it will help. You can use a common household fan or you can buy a white noise machine

This gives you a start and there are tons of great websites where you can get a lot of information and tricks for making falling asleep and staying asleep much easier every evening. Hope it works!!!
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 4:12 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Are you against all sleep aides or just addictive ones because there are great natural ones.
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 4:18 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The first poster had a lot of good ideas.I want to add that light exercise in the evening can also help you to sleep and prpoer water intake daily (half of your current weight in ounces). I've also read that certain carbs will make you sleepy.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:18 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I also have insomnia....... good luck! I usually sleep about 4 hours per night (on a good night).
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Take plenty of time to relax before you need to go to sleep, sometimes something warm to drink can help me........
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 7:37 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• All I can say is I heart Ambien. I've had insomnia for 13 years, and it's the only thing that has helped. Goodluck =/
    XdollskinX

Answer by XdollskinX at 7:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• please see your doctor - this is a sign that there is something wrong - don't delay - please call him today - hoping that you are okay - good luck!! i care - i really do ...
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Try Melatonin it is an all natural sleep aid that your body naturally makes. I didn't like the prescription ones I was given so I went to a holistic doctor and nothing has worked for me until this. Worth a try, very affordable and it isn't addictive or hurt you in any way.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 11:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2010