is there anything that can cure or ease hives?

my newborn is breaking out really bad his arms, back, face and chest & I was jus wondering why this is & if theres anything I can dio about this...

Deon-818

Asked by Deon-818 at 4:22 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What kind of washing detergent are you using on your clothes and your babies?
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 4:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• its probably detergent. Try using All Free and Clear. This stuff cleans really well, is fragrance and dye free and it doesn't break the bank. I've used this from day one with my kids and its been great. They both have sensitive skin. If that doesn't do it then baby probably has eczema in which case, you have several steps to take. Make sure the bath water is luke warm. Pat baby dry and don't rub. No more than 2 baths a week.Use the absolute mildest baby soap there is. I like Aveeno baby moiusturizing fragrance free for eczema. Then immediately after the bath and the patting dry slather baby with fragrance free baby lotion. Again I like Aveeno for babies. The oat in Aveeno is really soothing. You can also get Aveeno in a box that you can add to the bath water that is very excellent. I used it when I had chicken pox. If none of this helps then consult the dr. Eczema though takes several months to clear a lot of times.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• THANK YOU SOOO MUCH I TOO LOVE AVEENO BUT I HAVE BEEN USING JOHNSON & JOHNSON. I HAD NOT REALIZED THAT IT COULD BE THE DETERGENT I HAVE BEEN USING DREFT BUT ALSO USED PUREX FOR BABIES AND THE SENT IN PUREX IS VERY STRONG SO I AM DEFINATELY GOING TO SWITCH IT UP I ACTUALLY WANTED TO USE THE ALL CLEAR AND MY MOM SUGGESTED THAT I NOT BUT I THINK IM GOING TO GO AHEAD AND TRY THAT BECAUSE I KNOW THAT MY SKIN IS EXTREMELY SENSIVIVE SO HIS COULD BE TOO :)
    Deon-818

Comment by Deon-818 (original poster) at 5:25 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Is it an alergic reaction to soap or heat rash? If it is is soaps, change all the soaps he uses to different ones. If it is heat rrash keep him cool.

Answer by louise2 at 5:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I'm allergic to J & J and Aveeno. Try using as little soap, lotions, ect. and using brands like Burt's Bees, California Baby, or Kiss My Face.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I agree with sweet love
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2010