baby #2

I have a 4 month onld little girl, and im already thinking about another one. I was 6 years younger than my bro and my sis was 6 years younger than me and we never got along; and i hated that. I tried talking to my fiancee about it but he keeps telling me to wait and blah blah blah. but i dont think its fair that he is telling me to wait. statistics show that it can take a normal couple a year to get pregnant. im not saying i want to start stressing and "trying" but i also dont want to do anything to prevent it. Do you think its fair for him to tell me no when im the one thats going to be carrying a new baby while taking care of an infant. Im a SAHM and have babysat many infants and truely think i can handle it. he said he wouldnt mind if it happened but he keeps insisting on using condoms to prevent it...any advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• Poke a hole in the condom, lol. Just kidding.
    Age between kids doesn't dictate closeness, as my own children can show. Without any trying on our part, there is almost 2 1/2 years between each of my three children. My oldest cannot stand his sister (the middle), but yet my daughter and my youngest son are close. The boys get along as well. My sister and I are almost nine years apart, yet we're close. I guess it would depend on the family environment. You may be ready for a 2nd, but he may not be. Please don't push him. It will only cause problems.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• my bro and i are 10 mo 11 days apart and my dd and ds are 11.5 mos. i like it but that is personal opinion my bro and i took care of eachother growing up and even now. my kids are the same. i like the closeness, it does make a difference. i would do it again. go for it if your so is up for it. dont push the issue because you dont want to make things unhappy between the two of you. It is not a bad thing though. Dont be surprized at how many people will tell you that the feeling will go away and that you should wait. good luck and god bless you in all your journeys.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 6:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• lol id wait cause me and my siblings are all just months apart and lol we still didnt get along i wanted to shove my brothers out a window and my sisters in a closet lol
    Anonymous

• yeah me and my sis are 18 months apart and we hated each other. fought all the time, even as teens. i hated when she wanted to do everything with me and my friends. (i'm the oldest) as for you question on if it's fair. yes it is totally fair. maybe he's just not ready. you have to consider him in this also. even though you'll be carrying the baby and taking care of the other one, it still doesn't mean he doesn't has responsibilities. maybe he's just worried about money, or wants to make sure he does a good job as a dad with the first one before talking about another one...who knows?
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My advice to you is to enjoy your beautiful baby daughter. Let your finance get adjusted to being a father and to bond with his baby girl. Don't put pressure on him for a second he may just get resentful. Once his gets use to being a father maybe he will change his mind. Congratulations to you!!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 9:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• You both have to agree to baby #2.Or your relationship will suffer from the stress from it.I'd give it a little more time and bring it up again later.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 6:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i know how you feel because me and my husband are not together and i miss him everyday and i have feeling for him and it hurts me knowing that he has other girlfreind and lives with but i have a boyfreind and should not feel that way but i do and dont know if my feeling and love will never go away but i dont want to be with him and and i cant not stand to see him because it hurts me knowing that he loves someone and he still loves me and we can not be togther
    Erica25800

Answer by Erica25800 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2008