Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do to gain weight and it not take forever?

I am a 36yr old mother of 9 kids total. I am 5'7 and weight about 110lbs. I use to wear a size 8 and have a good appetite. Then around 4/10, everything that could go wrong went wrong in my life. I was under such a tremendous amount of stress. I still am, its lightened up jus a little but not to much. I look bad. U can see my rib cage when I jus stand there, face is all suckd in, and I am jus not hungry at all. I have to force myself to eat at least once a day. I can barely sleep, and my mind is constantly goin. I jus want ppl to quit accusing me of doin drugs and just talking crap. I do have eating disorders but learned to not let them take me over or practice doin them anymore. I always say I have a disease "when I look into the mirror i dnt see what everyone else does, I see a chunky girl. Now I still feel fat but i dnt like how I look. I am way to skinny. Help me pls

Answer Question

Asked by Mrs.DBell at 5:48 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • You definitely are going to have to change your brain first. Focus on eating 3 times a day at first no matter what it is....and keep it down if you know what I mean. Then after you get that down pat, start focusing on eating really healthy things. God does not see you as a number on a scale, nor do your kids. Stay healthy so thatyou will live to see them grow up. GL

    Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • I know how you feel. I am 30 years old, have three kids, and weigh 90lbs at 5'2. It's very frustrating. And I eat. At least 3 meals a day plus I snack on all kinds of junkfood... I was anorexic when I was 14 and I guess I've never recovered from it...?

    I'm going to ask my doctor for something to make me hungry so I'll eat even more and see what happens.

    Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 6:01 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • You need therapy. Find yourself someone who specializes in body image issues and eating disorders.

    Answer by Syphon at 6:05 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • there are supplements like vitamins and shakes you could look into I cant for the life of me think of the one shake and you can get it at wal mart my brother had to drink them cause he is under weight when I find out i will let you knwo promise

    Answer by BellaKristy at 6:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • Come to my house for a week and I promise you'll gain at least 10 pounds =) In all seriousness maybe talk to your doctor? A friend of mine takes medication that increases her appetite and she gained weight (not a large amount) fairly quickly. Try to eat healthy foods that are high in good fats. Good luck.

    Answer by Lisa.Price at 8:58 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • I would suggest eating a food that you really enjoy eating whether it be a cereal, ice cream which is my favorite and it's good for you too or maybe a specific type of pastry or donuts. Maybe something you would consider a comfort food.

    Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • Yes, talk to a doctor and also get a referral for a nutritionist. Man, stress gets to everything! :-) Try eating some healthy proteins and fats - eggs, cheese, peanut butter, avocado -- simple things to add to your diet that are healthy and don't require a cookbook or even a blender (though I'm a big fan of shakes with yogurt and protein powder!). And add Ranch dressing to everything :-) Best wishes!

    Answer by mevxoxo at 8:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • Protein shakes, bars

    Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • a counceler is what you need. You need to get rid of your stress first and foremost, that is what will help you all the way around.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:27 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.