Do I have heartburn?

This may seem to be a dumb question but understand that I have never had heartburn before...so I just don't know. I have a slight burning down the length of my throat. It's irradiated by eating. I've had it about 2 or 3 days though, constantly but not really any worse. What do you ladies think?

Anna-Chubaby

Asked by Anna-Chubaby at 5:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have always been bad at knowing the difference between heartburn and acid reflux. But it for sure sounds like some reflux if it's in your throat.
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 6:00 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Probably you do. Heartburn and me never crossed paths either until my first pregnancy. That was our first encounter. I didn't know what it was, dh had to tell me. And OMG it was severe. That's a long story. Anyways, heartburn to me feels like stomach acidcoming up the esophagus and throat into the mouth. It tastes very acidic and nasty like barf. It kinda is. Its your stomach contents. Avoid eating heavy foods and overeating and spicy and citrus foods. O.J. is the worst thing. Don't lay down when you have it either. You can try the liquid otc stuff for it, it works better than Tums and Rolaids. GL
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:01 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Sounds like heartburn to me. I had horrid heartburn with my last baby. Don't lay down and you can try the liquid Maalox/Mylanta... what worked best for me was milk. Whole cow's milk. I'd take a few sips of that... sweet relief! LOL

Old wive's tale is that if you have tons of heartburn your baby will have lots of hair... was true for me, my girl had a full head of hair, so pretty! My other two I had no heartburn and they were bald... hehehe
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 6:05 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Hehe yeah I have heard of the old wives tale about it. Thanks for the opinions girls..I thought I wan;t crazy. I'll have to get something for this if it's going to be a regular thing.
    Anna-Chubaby

Comment by Anna-Chubaby (original poster) at 6:09 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If you think your having heartburn drink a glass of milk, it will cool it and make it more comfortable for you. I get heartburn everyday of my life pregnant or not and that always works for me. and the hair thing....my first one I had awful heartburn and he had a full head of long hair....my second the heartburn was even worse and he was bald so i dont know if i believe in that one anymore.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2010