Has your child had a reaction from vaccines?

If so, what was it and do you still vaccinate? My son had a seizure after MMR and DTAP. I am not asking whether you vaccinate or not and I'm not asking if I should or not...I'm just asking if anyone else has had reactions..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Health

• No they have not, sorry yours did :(
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I only ever had fevers with vax. If my child had a reaction like that I would talk to the doctor about anything that could be done to prevent the reaction. Ask if splitting the vax would be a better idea or if selectively vaxing to not include those was a better option. I love our Ped and I trust her judgment. We would work together to find a solution that I was comfortable with.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My son only got a slight fever....and yes i still vaccinayte...sorry yours had such a bad reaction
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 7:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I never had a reaction with my kids but I personally am allergic to the whooping cough vaccine so when I was younger and had to get them they had a different one they had to give me. just make sure the doc knows and if there is a way around it he/she will know.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:47 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My daughter has not had severe reactions to anything per se, but she does spike fevers pretty bad and is just generally miserable. I found this to be most true in the early stages when they were giving 3 and 4 vaccinations at once. My daughter is very small (almost 31 months, only about 23 lbs) and so we decided to follow a different schedule and spread them out. She was also sick at 2 of her well checkups so we are kind of behind but we are working on catching up. I only allow her to receive at most 2 vaccinations at a time and I have made her Ped aware that I want them split up. She will not receive the MMR as 1 vaccine unless they cannot find any other options.
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Not to a vaccine...only to a shot for nausea once. He never had one before or since, but, he had something called a vasovagal reaction..
    He turned white and weak and nearly passed out and freaked out.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:58 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You have to ask yourself a question would you rather a seizure or a life threatening illness that could be fatal and you should talk to the Dr.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 8:06 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My youngest son had a reaction to all the vaccines, so they would give him a 1/4 dose at each visit. I'm not sure how effective this was, as at 13 he got the mumps which made him sterile.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 8:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Sorry but a seizure can be just as deadly as the illnesses that they vaccinate for now a days. What percentage of children died from chicken pox before the vaccine? Do you know that parents questioned the MMR when they were first introduced for similar reasons that parents now question the chicken pox? All anyone can ask is that people educate themselves thoroughly before vaccinating their children and that does not happen very often.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1444732/To_Vaccinate_or_Not_to_Vaccinate

I can answer every question on the above page for every disease that they vaccinate school children for and have made my decision based on that. If someone tries to debate me I ask them to be able to do the same before trying to tell me what to do with my child.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:37 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

OP
    Um duh, you think I haven't talked to the dr.? And it's easier said when you aren't the one who saw your 1 year old turn completely blue and shaking from a seizure and you can't do anything about it. Not to mention how he acted for 2 weeks following. That was the scariest and worst experience of my whole life, I thought my child was dying in front of my eyes.
    p8ns_mama

Answer by p8ns_mama at 11:06 AM on Sep. 24, 2010