How come evry1 is so judgemental here?

I thought cafe mom was about helping & support..but since i have started asking questions & i recieve more personal opinions than answers to help..i thought that is what cafe mom is all about..it's why i joined atleast

Lovelymee23

Asked by Lovelymee23 at 7:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Sometimes you get really judgemental mom's on here but just ignore them because you can also get really good advice from some great mom's here!!

TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 7:41 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Honestly, when you ask a question, all most women are capable of giving on here is their opinions. No one can really tell you 100% what is right or wrong. If you don't want what people see as the truth, it's better not to ask. Because people are behind their computers, most aren't afraid to be brutally honest and often times the individual asking the question is not capable of handling the negative side of what she is asking. Yes, sometimes people on here are just plain rude, but you have to be able to take "hearing" what you don't want to hear.
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 7:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i have only been since sept. 10, and i have run into only nice and kind women - who all have become my friends - i've have asked allot of question - they have all had kind and helpful answers - i've never run into any judgmental people at cafemom....
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 7:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Not only does it come with the public forum territory...there is also good stuff too. And sometimes it depends on the questions asked. We can't tell tone, nor do we know the whole story. And some people are very passionate about what they believe. Just keep asking and read what helps and skip what doesn't.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:54 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• There are some women on here that feel their opinion is right and it's the only one that matters, ignore them! There are a lot of great moms with fabulous advice on here..........you just have to sort through the crap before you can find the gem :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:47 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Sometimes you accidently hit a nerve in someone...it is their problem, not yours. I think we can all be judgemental sometimes, on purpose or on accident.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 7:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Hopefully by hearing the other side of situations it will open your mind. There is not just one right. Things are not all good or all bad.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:00 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have asked many a questions on here and sometimes I have been upset with the answers. On occasion even though I did not like how they delievered it and they could have used more tact, what they said made me think a little different. I never vote them as the best answer though even though if they have a good point! :)

Also when i ask a question I can not give every detail. And people will just assume things. It really bothers me. I am looking for advice and opinions on specifically what I asked nothing more. I understand your frustration, I feel the same way!!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 8:13 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• unfortunetly this is no different then going out and meeting ppl some just have there own way of thinking and you can never please everyone one don't sweet it the good thing about mother cafe is if you don't like what someone is saying you don't have to keep reading..
    motherfirefly1

Answer by motherfirefly1 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My philosophy is "Live and let live"....all Moms have the right to have their own opinions and make their own decisions. But if you ask a question, you might not get the answer you want. If someone disagrees or corrects you, be prepared and try not to reply with a snotty or profane reply.
    There are many nice Moms here....some just want to prove how right they are though. I never get into the breast vs bottle discussion anymore because it is pointless. I always say it doesn't matter---that if you are feeding and loving your baby that is all you need to do. But....you know that will not be accepted by the Moms who think they have the only right answer.
    Good luck and take everything with a grain of salt. ANd count to ten. ANd keep your language clean. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 24, 2010