Does anybody know anything about Plan B pill ?

Just wondering what you guys know about this pill.

XdollskinX

Asked by XdollskinX at 7:47 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• You have to take it within 72 hours of having sex, there are two pills and they must be taken at the same time each day.
    If you are already pregnant the pill will not work. I believe these days you can get it over the counter without a prescription.
    I'm sure there is more information on the internet. I've taken it once and had no problems with it.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If the egg is already fertiized, it will not allow it to implant. If it has not fertilized, it will kill any sperm in your body. It will not cause an implanted egg to abort.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:02 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I know it is to be taken with in so many hours of sex to prevent the egg form implanting or the body from ovulating. I think it also kills the sperm that are in there. It won't affect a pregnancy that is already implanted.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• There are two pills, to be taken 12 hours apart. Must be taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex, and the sooner they're taken, the more effective they are. I works by preventing implantation, so if the blastocyst (fertilized egg) has already implanted, it won't work (thus, it doesn't terminate a pregnancy).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If you are already pregnant it won't work.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• What musicpisces said. It works first by stopping ovulation (your egg will be prevented from dropping if it hasn't already), then by stopping fertilization (stops the sperm from entering the egg), BUT if fertilization has already happened, then it will stop the fertilized egg (blastocyst) from implanting in the uterine lining. The definition of a pregnancy is that a fertilized egg has already implanted in the uterine lining. There is a moral issue for some women, but the truth is that many fertilized eggs are discarded (often unnoticed with the menstrual cycle) for other reasons- like caffeine or breastfeeding. Speaking of breastfeeding, Plan-B also has a risk of lessening the breastmilk supply (but it won't necessarily). Plan-B works via hormones, like the birth control pill, so it has similar risks. People shouldn't use it regularly, just when other birth control has failed.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• JoLee12345 , I thought it killed sperm, not babies ??
    XdollskinX

Comment by XdollskinX (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The Plan B pill prevents implantation of the fertilized egg after conception. So if you consider a fertilized egg (which develops into a baby) a "baby" then technically yes, Plan B does kill babies.
    I don't recommend it as a "birth control choice". It's to be used when your regular BC has failed. Also it has a massive amount of hormones that can really make you sick to your stomach for a few days. Like Bella said, it depends on your definition of a baby. For me, a baby and a life happens at conception.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Google it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It is a way to kill a life that deseves a chance to live! I think that it should be out lawed! Good luck either way!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2010