Always sleepy...

My son is 5 , I sleep good in night time, but I am always sleepy, I am a student and must study a lot but I can't, I am so disappointed. I have feeling that my energy is near "0". I drink 2 cups of coffee every day (afraid to drink more). Energetic drinks do not help me. What to do? Maybe somebody had a such situation. Thanks for your advices.

Lolga

Asked by Lolga at 7:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Health

• I feel like that too i started taking B12 vitamins and they really helped me :)
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 8:04 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Start eating and drinking healthier options - the caffeine may be working against you. Try lots of water throughout the day, have small snacks (nuts, fruit, cheese) so that your body has fuel to burn off while you're doing all these tasks during the day. If you're not eating, your sugars will go higher and that can make you very sleepy or crash.

Test your blood sugars with your doctor just to be on the safe side. Vitamins are crucial - take women's vitamins and also take Vitamin D and B12. Best wishes!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:24 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Oh, and if you feel sleepy...get up and move. Walk in place, swing your arms. Get your body moving to start bringing you back to feeling normal.
    rio_burb

• Thank you :)
    Lolga

Comment by Lolga (original poster) at 8:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• get off of the coffee.
    the sudden surge of caffeine in the morning not only works on your adrenalin levels but on your insulin too. So when you have a morning surge of caffeine and adrenalin and sugar, you are awake and running around. Your body then experiences a low, lower than what you would have had if you had not had 2 cups of coffee to start the day. Insulin is produced to combat the sugar and adrenalin and then you get sleepy. People then resort to more caffeine and sugar and start the whole process all over again day after day with constant highs and lows instead of continual normal levels of insulin and adrenalin.
    Get off the coffee, have a breakfast with water, fiber and protein and start sleeping at night only. If you don't get serious about it now, you take a greater chance of having problems later GL
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Have your iron levels checked. I thought I had mono (I was sleeping 12-15 hours a day) and was told that my iron was extremely low. Started supplements, been fine ever since.
    If your iron levels check out, then I go with B-vitamins. They don't give you energy, they help your body use the calories you give it more effeciently to create energy.
    The coffee/sugar thing is true, but I don't think that's your problem. If it was, then you would get reenergized from more caffeine or sugar, and that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Just...don't start supplementing iron until you see a doc. The B-vitamins you can try on your own, but having high iron levels is dangerous.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 8:40 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• aww, if haven't coffee I have a headache...
    Lolga

Comment by Lolga (original poster) at 8:40 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• the headache from caffeine withrawal is temporary, start drinking less and less until you have no more.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:01 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Substitute water for some of your coffee. And a checkup would be wise. You may need vitamins. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Good answers. I have the same problem
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 12:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010