what can i do to help the pins and needles feeling in my foot when im trying to sleep? grrrr!!!!

cuteducky

Asked by cuteducky at 8:06 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not a lot, I'm afraid.
    Did you have RLS symptoms before you got pregnant? If so, there's one completely weird thing that many people swear by. Get a bar of soap. Cheap soap, nothing fancy. My mom uses the store brand irish spring because she likes the smell. Put it down at the foot of your bed, under the top sheet and on top of the bottom sheet. She says it works...swears by it. When I was growing up there was usually one or two nights a week that my mom didn't sleep from the twitchy legs, and she says she never has that problem now.
    If it's just been during pregnancy, it's likely the baby is putting pressure on the sciatic nerve. If you are still in your second trimester, moving shim may help, but if you (and the baby) are getting big, there's probably not enough room. Try drinking tonic water (quinine is good for leg crams) and if all else fails talk to your doc about a safe sleeping med. OTC stuff makes it worse.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 8:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• try to wear those compression stocking that sells in walmart, it helps me from cramping and blood circulate better. Or put a body pillow btw your legs and raise your feet.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2010