What do you think will be the top 5 talking points or goals for Obama's re-election campaign and why?

I'm only assuming he will run, if he does-what can he run again on?
The Economy, it's worse now
Healthcare, the bill is passed
Stimulus for shovel ready jobs, it was also passed
At a discussion last night, none of us could really figure out what exactly he could run on and be successful or convincing about. Other issues like C&T and the war are still out there but not nearly on the forefront as in the past.

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 8:16 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm going to guess that Healthcare reform will still be a rallying cry, as will unemployment, ending the war, tax reform, and streamlining government programs (cutting the pork/red tape out of them.)

He's going to talk about how he wasn't able to accomplish everything yet, and that the season of change is within reach. He'll talk about how the Republicans have stonewalled and prevented his economic recovery program from being effective. Sitting presidents rarely change their overall message when going for the second term, they just spin it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Whoop Whooop, Quinn you are ON A ROLL!!! Kudos!!!
    Obama took Bush's problems and made them worse... No matter WHO wants to save the turtles or marsh mice<---- A government doesn't need to be borrowing 800 billion dollars from the likes of China to fund special interest programs (like the aforementioned) which do LITTLE for the long term development and growth of our economy. F A I L . (unless you are a liberal special interest group)... ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• In all honestly, I think he will probably use character assassination on anyone that dares run against him. I found it ironic that he talked smack about McCain on the campaign trail about Mc's health care ideas and then turns around and implements the bad parts of Mc's plans. I guess a bunch of his supporters weren't paying attention to what McCain was saying. I heard Obama and every time he spoke his delusions of grandeur became clearer to me. The guy speaks in dollar signs and never intended to cut much out of government. But it sounded like he sure did want to add a lot to it. That, in itself turned me away from ever thinking he could get it right. He talks about the government as if it is a business, yet he has never even run a small business. I figured he wouldn't ever understand what the middle class has in front of them and I feel I am still right about that.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• . He will say
    We saved the country from a depression
    Lowered taxes for 95% of America.
    We regulates the financial sector so they couldn't screw America
    We saved the auto industry
    We passed health care that will do blah, blah, blah and blah
    Of course after every one of those statements he will add something to make people think Republicans obstructed or tried to prevent each of the things they did.
    Anything he will run on that he thinks is positive are just the things that are causing the unemployment rate to stay high. He will have to continue to bash Republicans and Bush. Yes, Bush, Expect to hear it was Bushes fault even after he has completed his 4 yrs.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:49 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• And started a few wars....Oh wait that REALLY happened.

~And Obama continued those wars on the same course as Bush... <----- That really happened, too... You should be mad that he is Bush-lite... Ohh wait, it's that silly liberal free pass game you play, isn't it??? ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The Economy, it's worse now Didn't you hear?  The recession is overrrr!  Whheeeeeeeee!
    Healthcare, the bill is passed  But if Republicans get control they will take it all away!  Grrrrrr.  R bad, D good.
    Stimulus for shovel ready jobs, it was also passed Oh, we meant that to be spent right before elections so that the people would think things are getting better.  Shhhhhhh, it's still a secret.
    At a discussion last night, none of us could really figure out what exactly he could run on and be successful or convincing about. Other issues like C&T and the war are still out there but not nearly on the forefront as in the past.  Which is strange because I thought he was all about ending these wars.  I guess in his position on this one you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:24 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It must be nice to live in that alternate reality mommom.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:51 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Seniors could be happy with donut hole closed and their 250.00 stimulus check.

That one won't score him to many points. They are not getting cola increases on the checks and many are complaining how their check is not making it to far now. They are struggling much more to get by. Most I know (and I know a lot of seniors) are not happy with him.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Even the democrats up for re election are running from what they did. The ones who voted against those things are spending massively to make sure that people know they voted against them. Esp the HC bill.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:53 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Bush gave Eve the apple (or grape!!) in the Garden of Eden.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:46 AM on Sep. 24, 2010