Does anyone get really annoyed working with a know-it-all?

she's driving me crazy!

HuntersMom25

Asked by HuntersMom25 at 8:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes. I have worked with a few and it is very exhausting. It gets to the point where you just don't talk to them or share anything with them and just smile and nod like and idiot to avoid encouraging any more of their sharing of "knowledge".
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Well I haven't had the pleasure of working with a know-it-all but I have had the pleasure of working with a smart alek. Well, there is another, more crass term for him. I have acquaintances who are know-it-alls and it has put a distance between me and friends, especially as the friends are friends with the know-it-alls. There is a lady in one of my CM groups who is a know-it-all and has to have the last word on every topic. When she started bashing America and I asked her to stop she started the "poor pitiful me" routine and acted like I was being a bully. Guess she is a know-it-all as she is using psychology to get her way.
    bryncalyn

Answer by bryncalyn at 8:46 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If she is not a relative, stay away from her. Avoid the drama...........
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:48 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think we all get annoyed at having to do anything with a know it all!
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 8:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• OH YEAH!! when i first started at the job i have now, the person who trained me thought he knew everything and talked to me like a child whenever he explained something to me. well, he still thinks he knows everything but i just smile and nod now. we also had a run in one time when he talking to me like a child and i had had ENOUGH and said in a very stern manner "you know, you don't have to talk to me like i'm a child. i did come here with 2 years experience under my belt. and that actually helped my situation LOL we are kinda "friends" now.
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes I live with one, that is younger than me yet she knows more that me or my mother. My mom tried to apply to the Crash and Burn rule to her
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 9:06 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes I know a lot of people like this and one of them yells others down to prove their point so what you do look at your watch and announce loudly wow how long did it take you to learn that? And here I learned it in five minutes. Clap a little smile and walk away.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Ugh..you have no idea! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• an don't forget to to say yay me as you walk away. Childish you bet but it stuns them.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I understand. My assistant just graduated from a tech school 2 yrs ago and trys to tell me how it is.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 10:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2010