Help!!!

Well, I was thinking about it, and I ovulate VERY close to my AF... about a week close! I ovulated about 7-8 days ago, had unprotected sex 5 days ago, and my period is due between today and the 28th! I thought I felt slight cramping like I might get my AF today... so, if I do, since I could've possibly conceived so close to my period, could I still get my period and be pregnant?!

Ihavehope9

Asked by Ihavehope9 at 8:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You could definitely have a flow or maybe just some spotting and still be carrying. I had a mild flow with 2 of my 3 full term pregnancies. I know doctors don't consider that an actual period but I don't know what else to call it, but yes it can and does happen!
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 8:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Thank you, that gives me some relief! I wonder if I test today, if it'll show up positive even tho I may be starting my "flow"
    Ihavehope9

Comment by Ihavehope9 (original poster) at 8:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yeah you could still be. My second pregnancy I actually had a COUPLE periods. Talk about being confused! LOL
    I'd test... but that's me. I tested alot... lol... you could also go have a blood pregnancy test done, they show up earlier than pee on a stick tests.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 8:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes. I had a period for the first month after I conceived (could be why I had no idea I was pregant!! =) But the doc called it "implantation bleeding.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 9:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You can't have a period and be preggy. People say its a period but that would mean shedding of the liner to be an actual cycle. It could be implantation bleeding or spotting but NOT a period.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 1:13 AM on Sep. 25, 2010