eye floaters?

what can be done about floaters?i heard there is nothing that can be done?i have lines & dots that come in my eye when i look to the right the pass my line of vision anyone have any ideas ?

my3wormies

Asked by my3wormies at 6:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Health

• I have the same thing. You get used to it. I hardly notice them anymore. As far as I know there isn't anything that can be done about them.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I spoke to an optometrist about it and she told me that surgery can be done if it's extreme - BUT it's not guaranteed to not happen again. Bottom line: if it isn't extreme, leave it alone. You do get used to it and there are 'tricks' to make them go way - blink, look away then look back, look to the side and back. I seem to find they bother me more at the end of the day when my eyes are tired or when I've been on CafeMom too long!
    GumboGirl

Answer by GumboGirl at 6:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• are you pregnant? in pregnancy that can be a symptom of preeclampsia and you should tell your doctor. I had it when i was preggo and got floaters all the time. If you are not preggo I am really not sure except ask your doctor.
    JessicaF1120

Answer by JessicaF1120 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2008