Cloth wipes

We aren't going to cloth diaper Alayna, but we've discussed using cloth wipes. I was just wondering if any of you are planning on using cloth wipes? Did you/are you planning to make your own? How did you/are you going to make them?

AMZF812

Asked by AMZF812 at 8:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't use cloth wipes but I assume you could buy cloth diapers and cut them...? Seems like that'd work.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 8:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i make my own wipes from a baby oil/baby wash solution and paper towels...but they r still disposable so that may not be what youre looking for...if you want the recipe and instructions you can PM me...ive save a lot of money this way and it is much gentler on babys bottom
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 8:54 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Granted, it's been 15 years, but I purchased cloth wipes for my son from another parent who made them & sold them over the internet. They were made of very soft cotton flannel with finished edges. They were the perfect size to fit in an empty plastic baby wipe box or wipes travel box. Something similar to these: http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?cPath=110&products_id=104

To use, I just wet them with warm water, adding a bit of baby-safe soap for a really messy bottom.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:16 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Wipes have so many chemicals in them (I have allergies to) and I have never used them on my 2 yo grandson. All you need are wash cloths, flannel cloths, or microfiber cloths and when you are going to change a diaper you wet with warm water. If there is a poop mess you wipe most of the poop off with the diaper as you take the diaper off. You can put a little water in a zip lock bag, a couple of small drops castile soap, and a couple of drops of olive oil and zip and mix. Then add folded paper towels and zip and put in purse or diaper bag for going out.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You can use cut up flannel blankets... or you can finish the edges. I actually turn and topstitch mine with a cute print fabric... but cloth wipes won't be terribly easy if you don't plan to cloth diaper (just as disposable wipes are no fun if you're CDing). What will you wash them with? Why not cloth diaper as well?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2010