How do I keep my son out of the toilet?

He is 15 months old and I am constantly putting the lid down on the toilet and shutting the bathroom door so he doesn't play with in it, but we live with my in laws and my father in law cannot grasp that concept and won't even flush after he pees. I get extremely angry because he knows my son will go in there but he has the "it don't bother me" attitude. How can I keep my son from playing in the toilet and also properly potty train my FIL?

Married2theBest

Asked by Married2theBest at 6:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• they have those toilet locks so the bathroom is "baby proof". maybe you can FIL proof it! other than that, i can't help you.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My son did the same thing. I live in an apartment and I cant screw or put adhesive on anything, so the toilet locks dont work. I just bought these things that pop on the door knob so he cant open the door. If you FIL can keep the door locked then I guess thats the best you can do.
    BrensMomma

Answer by BrensMomma at 7:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i have both the locks and the door knobs..sometimes i forget to shut the door, or he comes right along in there with me, and lifts the lid and flushes the toilet and splashes the water. and i'l try to use the goo gone on the adhesive when i move later this year when i get the lock on the toilet.
    carmel_princiss

Answer by carmel_princiss at 7:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2008