What do you feed a one year old?

I feel like he eats the same stuff all the time. What are some healthy, easy things that your little ones enjoy?

MAUREEN55

Asked by MAUREEN55 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• not to alwys heat up the food and to season it as well..it will get them more interested in eating b/c it will wake up they're tastebuds.but don't give them sodium..my son needed sodium so it could have some here and there.i can feed him where ever w/out worrying abt heating it up first. sweet potatoes,squash, bananas, biscuits, rolls, any type of bread, plain pancakes, aldi's has this applesauce with fruit already in it, with chunks,a lifesaver in the morning with cereal. lots of parents sleep on baby cereal. i mix it in almosteverythin he eats to thicken it up, and its a nice quick filler. fruit pieces,nuggets, jello, baby puffs gerber has what i call "baby cheetos"...animal crackers, vanilla wafers, muffins, green beans, mac n cheese, spaghetti, salad, chopped up and with supervision. popcorn, lunchmeat sandwhiches, pb& j if they;re not allergic, kashi cereals,bottled water, pasta pick ups from gerber are HEAVEN SENT.
    carmel_princiss

Answer by carmel_princiss at 7:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Ava likes peanut butter and celery. She also likes steamed vegetables with velveeta cheese on top. Ava is 15 months old.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Mac N cheese mixed in with tuna and peas!! My daughter loves it!!!!
    Anonymous

• I feel the same way you do... My daughter is almost 13 mths, but I feed her rice, gravy, she eat alot of snacks, like pudding, jello mainly because her back teeth are not in, so I would assume that for you child also, foods that the baby can swallow easily that is not too hard, spaghetti is a suggetion , cut up the noodles,
    Anonymous

• My little one gets cheese sandwiches, bologna and cheese candwiches, a mixture of whole wheat pasta and veggies (he loves carrots, but I also do mixed)-I love to boil them together and have plenty to pop in the microwave for the next few days. Also, lots of fruit, I do the canned ones packed in juice so they are nice and soft. Yogurt, cheerios(all varieties), animal crackers, oyster crackers, Chicken nuggets, Tyson makes a 100% natural version. And I give him sweet potato fries with the chicken nuggets. And he's tried the Gerber Graduates meals, he likes them, but I try to stick to more foods that I cook.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• She eat what i cook i just separate the salt and pepper on her food
    they don't need too much salt or pepper on they food

i give her different things in the every day or at less try too...

i give her a lot of carrots it good for the eyes she love all the food she been eating.. she love to eat..
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• they eat gerber gradurates. and if i make a big pot of somethinng they have some too. they like annything
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Our daughter eats what we eat, cut up into little pieces...we don't make her anything special, we just make sure that we have one thing she does like, and a variety of other foods, so if she doesn't care for one thing, there is always something else to try. She will eat anything from steamed veggies to fruit to the eeevil french fry to chinese take out to mexican...she even likes the pickled ginger that comes with sushi.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 9:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• At one my kids ate whatever we were eating within reason (no super spicy foods and no steak) but they ate chicken, pork, hamburgers, hotdogs, tacos (my youngest loves tacos and has since she was about 14/15 months old), all veggies, rice, potatoes, noodles, sausage and bacon, etc. They ate whatever we had. I never made special meals for my toddlers. I did try to make sure there was at least one easy to chew food with each meal but never anything separate and special just for them.
    My youngest is 2 1/2 now and eats everything.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:48 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My daughter looooves veggies, and i give her raviolis (the little tiny ones cut up) finger foods mostly work, and always a variety. Sometimes she eats what we eat but she always gets something extra like some fruit or peas. She loves goldfish and teddy grahms (they're so sweet though she only gets a few lol) she loves hotdogs and bologna. pretty much anything you can cut up into small pieces within reason like nothing too sweet or too spicy (although they love sweets lol)
    ManderInOrange

Answer by ManderInOrange at 4:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2008