Cross-eyed

My daughter is 2 months old and she still crosses her eyes sometimes.. I was told she would onley do it for about the first couple of weeks because she cant focus how long will this go on or should i get it seen about?

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine did it much longer than a few weeks. I was worried too, but the doctor said it's normal and it corrected itself.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My first son did it for about 2 months...I wouldn't worry.
    mommajennie07

Answer by mommajennie07 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• sometimes the muscles in the eyes are not as strong and they go crossed. I used to put my hand over my baby's eyes and wait about 3 seconds then when you take your hand away they are straight again. don't fret over it yet, if its still like that (and i mean all the time, not just once in a while) at like 6 or 9 months they may look into it. at 2 months they are still getting those eye muscles tight. you could try letting her look at black and white object (swirlies or circles) to help her focus and tighten up those muscles. congrats on your baby.
    3lilgems

Answer by 3lilgems at 7:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Mine did it when she was falling asleep until about 2 months. They actually pointed out. It freaked me out...lol but shes fine... They just like to freak us out, keep us on our toes...Shes almost 6 months now :).
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2008