help I am babysitting these kids, but

well, first off I know the girl or use to should I say. I use to babysit her as a kid, but haven't talked to her in a long time. She was in a mind her boyfriend who she has both kids by left her and she does everything on her own. She was paying 250 a week on babysitting 5 days a week 9-5 give or take some. Plus provideing food and snacks she couldn't afford it so I asked what she can afford. She said comfertably 100.00 a week I said ok cause I did know her and stuff. Her kids are nearly 3 and 20 months old. The 20 month old isn't walking or attempting to anyway. I told her I need snacks and lunches though. She brings every single day since last week mac and cheese for lunch and brings them cookies for snack. On 100 I can't afford to buy them lunch too so I have her bring some. One day she brough a can of carrots for their lunch and fruit cocktail mostly mac and cheese though CONT.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• You need to talk to her about it thats not fair to you at all and why is the 20 month old not walking? My DDs all walked at 9-12 months old.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• talk to her, tell her all your concerns. if you don't want to babysit anymore, tell her that too.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I honestly could buy lunch and snacks on 100 dollars a week but I've become a pretty good shopper when I have little money however you should be able to keep that cash for watching htem and not have to spend it on taking care of them which is her job.

Tell her to buy some chef boyrdee or something that is cheap...there are so many cheap foods out there to feed your kids lunch on. Get a bag of chicken nuggets for 4 bucks or something. I'm sure she can afford at least that.

I would try to help her. I really would go to the store and help her get some food. I wouldn't pay but show her what she can get for what little money she has....I did that for a friend of mine
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Not walking at 20 months, is the child delayed? My ped told me that it is normal for babies to start walking anywhere up until 18 months. I would honestly sit her down and talk to her. She is taking advantage of you and honestly, not doing her kids any favors
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 4:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• well today she brings a cup that smelled really bad a sippy cup it had been in her car with chocolate milk in it so I dumped it cleaned it really really well since I don't have an extra sippy and she brings me 3 diapers each for the boys and I hadve them from 830-530. Then she didn't bring me any wipes at all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• also she never brings me extra clothes either
    Anonymous

• I know being a single mom is hard but she needs to bring you diapers and clothes. If money is tight for food then she can get foodstamps and honestly for a while I would have 50 bucks for 2 weeks for food and I managed. Bread is cheap. Get bread peanut butter jelly. Those tv dinners to stock up on when you have nothing.

You are probly going to have to talk to her. Be nice about it and ask if things are that hard and maybe she should go apply for assistance. She may be able to get cash assistance and food stamps

I get those nabisco snack packs for 4 and easy mac (kroger brand) for 2.50 and I add like fruit or a veggie in .

My daughter won't eat the same thing twice in a row...
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:32 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

I am not sure. He will pull himself up once in a great while since I had them last week he has only done it 3 times. If you put him in a standing position he wont do it he will put his legs out to sit. He babbles also he doesn't say any words at all yet. The nearly 3 year old you cannot understadn him at all
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You need to quit watching her kids. If she was paying 200+ and bringing food to the last one she can bring actual food for her kids if she is paying half the price too. Make sure your getting paid. I had a girl I used to be friends with use me like this. She never paid me in the end for watching her kids for two months 5 days a weeks. She also only gets in contact with me if she needs all three of them watched. Which I decline every time now.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I feel very bad for those children................
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:42 AM on Sep. 24, 2010