How many know that the mosque currently being discussed for building at ground zero is actually being built 2 blocks away?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 9:44 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I knew that it was two blocks away - about the same distance as a strip joint and an off track betting establishment. I wonder why those two aren't being protested? A mosque next to ground zero is disrespectful, but a business guy getting a lap dance is the American way, right?
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:46 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I knew..

still do not agree with it being done..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:46 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Everybody knows. This is an old debate here on CM. Some think it's still too close to ground zero.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:49 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• tnmomofive: is it wrong cause it's a mosque or because it's too close? If the distance to ground zero is the issue, what are your thoughts on the strip club and OTB?
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes, I have known that for months. How many know that the mosque is only a part of the building,not the whole thing,and that there are other houses of worship and religions in the same area? How many will admit that they have a prejudice against all Muslims,no matter how innocent they are and how many know that the people who flew planes into the towers were terrorists,not necessarily Muslims? We still know very little of the truth about that day. We may never know. If you think you know, you are naive and gullible.....the Government has many secrets.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would hope everyone that has formed an opinion is aware of the specifics. Somehow I doubt it, though.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:54 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I've seen people respond to this debate (on whether the mosque should be there) saying that "they are building on the graves" - so I don't think that everyone with an opinion on this matter knows where it is going to be built.

I guess it doesn't sound as inflammatory if all the facts aren't presented, you know?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:12 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes, I knew this. I also know that 5 months AFTER 9/11 when my sister and I went into New York there was still ASH and debris 5-6 blocks away. I was horrified to find ash imbedded in the soles of my after we got home that night. I put the shoes in a garbage bag and never wore them again. They are currently in a box with other 9/11 items in my basement.

I stand by everything I have said about the issue.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I am not in favor of it. How many know a Christian church destroyed in 9-11 in the same are was refused the right to rebuild?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If Gamblers and Strippers had MURDERED 3000 people in the name of their vice I would be against new establishments for them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2010