How will these health care reform provisions affect you?

This article from The Stir has a good summary of what's going into effect right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Initially, the only real difference DH and I will see is cost. After the first year we are looking at drastic difference in what is/isn't covered, and most likely a lot of issues with doctor availability.

It's pretty much what we expected all along ... we didn't support or want this 'health care' mess.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Considering (1) Private insurance companies have twisted the law and found loopholes to stop insuring child-alone policies (2) Many states have come out and said it is so expensive they are not sure how to absorb the cost (3) Medicare has expressed concerns about the program~ I think it is another fine example of why too much government restriction without leaning out the initial waste/problems can be detrimental...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:09 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I thought there would be more drastic shanges.

There will be they don't take effect until after the next Presidential election.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 11:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• you know its sad how everything is going we are going to suffer the most from this loop hole doctors scamming the patient and gettingaway with it
    Renetiny4

Answer by Renetiny4 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Nope.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:11 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• OP, did you change the question? I answered the question titled, " The health care reform law is starting to go into effect. Your thoughts?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:25 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• 2 ways this affects me and mine directly.... Info: both in our late 40's, 1 child 18, higher than national median income, employer (fullly paid for) provided insurance.

My son can stay on our insurance longer.
    Our insurance will most likely start costing us a monthly premium.

That's what this healthcare reform (nay........ Government gimmee to insurance companies full of subsidies).......... Is doing for me and mine.

(((note.. I think the provisions preventing coverage denial for pre-existing conditions is great. I also think all minor children being able to qualify for state sponsered insurance is great..... However, neither one of this things really affect me and mine and this time))
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• This question has been closed by CafeMom.
    CafeMom Team

Answer by CafeMom Team at 12:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• The idea that children can stay on their parents' health insurance until they are 26 is wonderful---considering how many kids go to college and need health insurance. And .... that you can not be refused insurance if you have a pre-existing condition is excellent. FREE diagnostc testing(mammograms, colonoscopy,etc) and preventive medicine is extremely valuable..
    Some will have diferent sitiations and some will complain no matter what....but if everyone can have some kind of health care, it s a good thing.
    I have Medicare and Tricare for Life and I am very happy with them.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2010