Do any of you have kitchen equipment that has been passed down through generations. I particulary have in mind my cast iron skillets and dutch oven. I am the third generation to use my dutch oven.

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 10:06 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have a cast iron skillet that belonged to my great grandmother - I use it all the time. I have a coffee grinder and cheese grater that my grandfather made. I have a mezzaluna that belonged to my grandmother. Also, a handled pot/bucket that was used by my grandparents as a cooking vessel in their woodburning stove back in the old country.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Nope my family is prone to house fires LOL. There has been three in 70 years. So there wasn't anything to pass along.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:08 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have my grandma's old cast iron skillet. I have no idea how old it is though! I have DH's grandma's stand mixer - it's ancient and I don't use it. One thing I know for sure had been through a few generations, but isn't equipment, is a set of china that came from my mom's great-grandpa. Grandma's cast iron skillet is my favorite thing in my kitchen though, hands-down!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I am very sentimental and think that anything passed down from one generation to another is very special. I especially feel this way about kitchen supplies as the kitchen seems to be the hub of the home.
    thismamacooks

Comment by thismamacooks (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have one skillet and a meat grinder which I use for cranberry relish. It is the only thing to get the relish to the texture everyone likes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have a double boiler that was my grandmas other than that no I don't sad to say
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have about 10-12 Cast Iron Skillets and I have a whole 10 piece set of baking pans. I also have a `1950's glass juicer, lol I wouldn't trade it for the a new one for anything in the world
    Sassy762

Answer by Sassy762 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2010