Is their a book about parents going to work?

These kids have grown up never seeing a person go to work. Now they are so confused when DH goes to work. They accept me leaving since I take them to preschool. However, DH works afternoons so they see him leaving. Trying to find a book or something to reassure him that parents can work and they do come home after work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• We have a book called "Night Shift Daddy" that we got for our 4yo when she was little.  My huband was off work most of the first 2 years of her life because of a back injury so it was a big adjustment when he went back to work.  He usually worked nights, that's why we got it.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Really it just comes from life experience. right now they probably don't have a good idea of what time is so seeing him leave, they think he will not return. Give it time.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My son is 2 and I just started going back to work. He is just fine with his Daddy going to work, but he is still getting used to the fact that Mommy goes to work too and his Grandma and Aunt Nana watch him.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2010