My 9 month old has a low hemoglobin? What can I do?

I took her to the Dr. today for a hemoglobin/lead level and her hemoglobin is low. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Health

• is she exclusively breastfed? how are you feeding her. we need more info.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 6:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• No she is formula fed...She drinks 2 formula bottles a day...and about 4 jars of baby food and she snacks or those teething cookies and yogurt bites...and chesse hulless popcorn...
    Anonymous

• that doesn't seem like enough food. my 9 mos old was having 4-5 8 oz bottles and 5-7 jars of bb food daily. granted he was kidzilla, but still that seems like too little. also, are you using iron fortified formula? you can also have your doc RX an iron fortified vitamin.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 6:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It is actually quite normal for babies to have low iron/hemoglobin around 9 months of age. If you are worried try feeding some adult oatmeal to her or other iron foritified foods.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2008