The pain in my legs...is this pregnancy?

My hips hurts. When I walk I feel like they are caving in and now last night my legs hurt so bad. The muscles were achy and it felt like they were spasming. Is this because of the pregnancy. I worry about blood clots now? I dont know how to tell, but I am getting varicose viens.

AshBaldwin011

Asked by AshBaldwin011 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• All pregnancy. Vericose veins are part of pregnancy.
    Google blood clot pictures, it's pretty bad when you have one. I'm sure you'd know.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• This is all normal, but tell your OB. My legs hurt so bad I did not know what to do with them. This is because of your hormones. For the varicose viens this is normal also.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Hip pain could be your hips spreading...to let the babys head pass through..Normally this is later in pregnancy but sometimes is starts early...This is where my main pain was throughout both of my pregnancies...It can get bad! Sorry...

Leg pain could be "charlie horse" which is when your muscle feels like it is twisting..It can also be ver painful but this goes away after a minute or two..Massaging the leg could help it go away...If it is this..

Good Luck!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• hips spreading...to much to handle at seven in the morning. Im 22 weeks and I'm already ready to just lay down and call it quits. I noticed the more I do each day the worse its getting. It really start to happen late at night and all I can do is just lay there because my b/f is sleeping because he gets up so early. I dont think laying there is helping.
    AshBaldwin011

Comment by AshBaldwin011 (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Google round ligament pain, it hurts your hips, crotch, back, and legs. I had it every time.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The hip pain can get extremely bad..To where you cant really walk. Laying on your back makes is much worse. Try laying on your side and use a wedge pillow or a regular thick pillow in between your legs to support them. It helps a lot! Good Luck!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Try increasing your water intake during the day..cause if you're not getting enough of water during the day it'll make for thirsty muscles @ night:(..so remember if you go to drink some water & you're thirsty..then you're already dehydrated:(..hope this helps..plz post an update if you try it ok..good luck
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I am having the same situation mama and I am 24 weeks my doctor tells me that it is just one of the many joys of pregnancy and that all you can do is take tylenol or rest
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2010