How can I tell if my cat is pregnant?

I noticed that my cats belly is hanging down, it looks and feels saggy. I have read that the belly will be swollen, but hers isn't it it just saggy.

RaeLynn1221

Asked by RaeLynn1221 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pets

• My cat is fixed and has a terribly saggy tummy, it's BAD! It swings back and forth when she runs, hahaha. I'm not sure other than taking her to the vet. If she's not pregnant, I would recommend getting her fixed.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Is she active? Or is she laying around alot? How is her eating? Is she eating more? or Less?

Also when she is laying down watch her tummy for movement...... you might be able to catch a glimpse of some movement. Also look from form the back side does her hips seem wider?? Of course you could just do what Renee said and take her to the vet....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 7:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• we thought ours was and we did our research and the clues you can get is she drink more water and is very distant and swollen pinker nipples other wise you have to take her to the doctor to be 100 percent sure
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 7:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Feel her belly if it feels hard or you can feels bodies in there then you know she is. Our cat gets very lovey when she is pregnant that is how we know. As soon as hubby gets paid she is getting fixed I can't take anymore kittens.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• You can also feel her nipples really well if she is pregnant. And soon you would be able to feel the babies. Good luck. :)
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• If it is saggy more than likely you are the owner of a fat cat. The belly will be harder and seem "swollen" I recommend getting her fixed. The more litters the shorter the life span!!!
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• No, she is not fat.
    RaeLynn1221

Answer by RaeLynn1221 at 7:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Just wait for 68 days to find out! When kittens come out you'll know
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2008