would you take your kids to mcdonalds to play so you can use the free wifi?

A friend told me to do that because my internet is so slow and it's hard to get it to load....I use the apartments free wifi

I don't have cable so I can't watch greys anatomy so she said to go to the mcdonalds so it can load all the way then come home and watch it once kids are napping. I would let my computer sit and play with my kids at mcdonalds though

I can 't see mysekf doing this cuz it's just a tv show that i can live without or have my mom dvr it so i can watch it when im over

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would use their free wifi but I would not leave my computer alone.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 10:47 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I take my son to play and bring my computer so I can get some work done there while he's playing. I just buy us bottles of water so I am technically a customer and feel justified in being there. LOL
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 10:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Why not? How would you play with them at McDonald's? Go in the crawly thing? Let them play alone, have a cup of coffee and relax! I once had to crawl in that thing because my daughter got scared. It was a little embarrassing.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:54 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't take my kids to McDonalds anyway. WHo cares if they have free WIFI.....and who takes their Laptop to McDonalds??? How nuts is that?
    My kids were little a LONG time ago, before we were told about the real truth....about the trans fats and now,about the calories and fats in McDonalds meals. If I had known,I never would have taken them there.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You can play with your kids at McDonalds by talking to them and interacting with them. I would buy something. I might go for a tv show if there was no other way I could watch it.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If it was my only source for internet and their only playground in the middle of winter or heat of summer, yes, I would. But I'd look for any other possible option first. And if your mom is willing to dvr it, I'd go that route. I don't see how loading a show then watching it at home would work, you still need the 'net connection to keep it there...In your situation I'd deal or wait to watch it at mom's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Wow gertie41, you it must have been a long time ago that your kids were little. I'm 54 and I always knew that McDonalds was unhealthy, they (people concerned with health) told us. There are healthier choices at McDonalds now then there were in the old days. It's not nuts to take your laptop to McDonalds or other places with WIFI and lots of people do it. Catch up with the times.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:05 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have taken my kids to McDonald's to play on occasion. We ate, they played, I read my book, we all had a nice time. I work full time. If I didn't, I would probably do this a lot more.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:10 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• wow gertie i don't see a problem with them getting mcdonalds once in a while. I'm a very healthy eater but once in a while mcdonalds isn't a big deal

I play with my kids at mcdonalds. No I don't climb but i walk around so they can see im watching and right there. besides my son is little but if his big sister is doing it then he has to also

Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No but, it is not about the food. It is because those toys are NASTY! They are never cleaned and kids get in there with food and drinks and make a mess. I get my kids McDonald's every once in awhile.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:46 AM on Sep. 24, 2010