Hoarse five-month old

So my five-month old has been dealing with roseola for almost a week now - presented with a fever last Friday, dealt with the fever on and off through Monday and then two days ago the rash showed up. The worst part? She also has a very red and inflamed throat and is VERY hoarse. She sounds TERRIBLE and there's nothing I can do about it because it's a virus and we just have to wait it out. I feel SO bad :( I was worried that it might be strep, but the pediatrician assures me that it's just a side effect of the virus and that it will go away on its own in time. Poor baby :(

arouthier

Asked by arouthier at 10:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• but her in her swing in the bathroom or bathdoorway if you dont have much room run the shower so it steams up the room, then let her swing ( or just bshesounce her on your lap) for about 10-15 min-- it'll sooth her throat and calm itchy ra
    mare65

Answer by mare65 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My son got larengitis at a yr old. Thats probably not the way its spelld. Lol
    olivia3579

Answer by olivia3579 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Maybe you could try a mild mint tea to soothe her throat.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 11:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I agree with thw foray answer
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2010