Am I wrong

My Dh's Mother is up visiting from miami they jerked us into paying for the whole ticket everyone was supposed to chip in. Havent seen a dollar. Well we mainly flew her up since My SIL youngest was having surgery on weds. so she got here on Monday and hasnt come to see us me DH or our kids (she has never met our youngest) My kids have colds so I dont want to bring them to SIL's house bec the baby just had surgery, So I texted MIL and said would you consider coming over for a few hours so you can see the boys. Shes like I wont leave SIL she need my help However MIL is leaving sunday morning. Am I wrong for being mad am I selfish?? Did I mention DH is hurt that his mom wont come see him (he doesnt feel like taking the trains for 2 hrs hes not feeling well either and extremely tired from work

Nycutie2707

Asked by Nycutie2707 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd be pissed. I'd be pissed mostly because of hubby's hurt feelings, and then because she isn't interested in visiting our (your, since it's your story) kids. Then I'd be pissed about the money, since everyone was supposed to pay up, and so far no one has. I'm guessing no one has even said anything about WHEN they will, either?
    I can understand her wanting to be there, for most of the time. But not ALL the time. Look, we are in the military. We have first hand knowledge about splitting time between families. We know the importance of it. It can be done, and needs to be done. She's being ridiculous. The money issue is an issue, but it's the smallest one. She needs to visit her son and his children, too. That WAS the plan, and that's what's right. I mean, did the surgery go well? Is everything going well at SIL's house?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You are not wrong but there is really nothing you can do about it except use it as experience. I understand why your MIL wouldn't want to leave SIL.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You flew her up for the SIL's baby's surgery so why would you get upset that she's doing what you paid for? If she visits then goes back to SIL's and takes some germs back she's compromise the baby's immune system. I think you should be proud of what you did and talk to her on Skype and let the kids see & talk to her. Safety first
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I understand why she doesn't want to leave. I might try asking her to stop in when she is leaving so she isn't bringing germs back to baby. But sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. Also, If you want your money, YOU BETTER SPEAK UP!!! I notice if you don't ask, people don't bother. Wait until the excitement dies down and get on the phone.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I can completely understand your Point of views. The initial plan was for her to see us as well. She has gone to chill with people but can not come see her 15 month old grandson she has never met. my kids have my mom so what ever but what really bothers me is how hurt DH is over it
    Nycutie2707

Comment by Nycutie2707 (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I'm sorry that you have had to go through this situation. It is tough not getting to see family when they are close by. I think it was very kind of you to pitch in to help your MIL to come up. I don't think you are wrong about being mad it is a very frustrating situation but you can't let it dwell in you and effect negatively the next time you have a chance for MIL to see the kids and DH.
    reniam

Answer by reniam at 11:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• your mil is being selfish. someone with a car can put up your mil . your mil can find a way to see your kids if she want. you have the right to be angry.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Now MIL says Send DH over (meanwhile he is sick to) and let him sleep over . I really feel like this woman has no feelings what so ever
    about my kids. She has never so much as sent them a card. Where as SIL's kids are her pride and Joy. She has only seen my 4 yr old 3 times in his
    Nycutie2707

Comment by Nycutie2707 (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My Nephew is doing great hes eating alert he got sent home the day after surgery
    Nycutie2707

Comment by Nycutie2707 (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010