should i worry about my 2yr olds eating habit?

my son loves tomatos, broccoli, strawberries oranges ect. i just want him to eat other food like chicken, meatloaf, pasta, burgers, hot dogs. when he gets his burger he takes out the tomato and just wants that, maybe he will pick at the cheese, chicken when i cut it and cook it with cheeder cheese and broccli and carrots he will he but the thing is hes so skinny he weight 28lbs but he is tall for his age my husband and i dont see that he is getting enough to eat, should i worry?

Snavarro08

Asked by Snavarro08 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is the same way. I add carnation good start to his milk to help bulk him up, butter to bread, Rice and potatoes to everything he eats to help him gain. Just ask your doctor for suggestion, my husband has to brib our oldest so that he will eat and it drives me nuts!
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:09 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Wow! I wish we had that problem... Haha.

Maybe chop up your tomatoes and brocolli and mix them in ground beef and cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup.- Making it hard to pick them out.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• He will come around. At least he's eating healthy things. If you are worried about protein, maybe try string cheese. My kids love that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:12 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No worries. Toddlers only need 1/4 of the caloric intake we need as adults, which comes out to about 500-600 calories a day. That's only one meal for us, but for kids, it's enough. And as long as it evens out over the course of a week or so, it's even ok if he eats practically nothing for a few days and then doesn't seem to stop eating for a day or two. As long as he's growing appropriately (according to his curve, not the chart that says where other kids are), it's fine. And little to no meat isn't a huge deal; look at all the healthy vegetarians out there. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:18 AM on Sep. 24, 2010