• In the Spotlight:

Getting baby to sleep?

How do you get your baby to sleep? Do you have your baby on a schedule? Is it difficult for SAHM to get babies on a schedule?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ok i had that trouble you cant put the baby on ur schedule you have to be on there's i have a 6 month old just rock them play soothing music like classical music and rub and pat them they love that oh and STAY CLAM babys can scent when ur upset and then they will be too

good luck
    IloveMyKids415

Answer by IloveMyKids415 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My 3mth old put himself on his own schedule for bedtime. He usually takes a bottle around 6pm or so. Lay there and smile at me for 10 minutes then get fussy and rubs his eyes. I'll take him in the room and keep the lights dim. Then I'll sing a goodnight song to him as I change hi diaper and put his "jammies" on. I tuck his blanket and kiss him goodnight, turn on the fan (he likes the noise) and leave. He's asleep and out for the night in 10 minutes.Try to do the same thing everyday.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Yes you can put a baby on a schedule... my 5 month old baby girl is on one, and she sleeps 12-13 hrs per night, and has since 2 1/2 months old. Make sure babys room is dark (no lights needed), swaddle, binky, rock, and lay down, speak softly, and exit quietly. If you have to go back in because baby's crying, just soothe without picking up.... Good luck. Hope this helps. :) You can do whatever routine you want, just make sure its consistent.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My daughter has been on a gentle schedule since birth and started sleeping through the night the first week. Schedules work best for our family. :) She knows what to expect and goes to bed at 8pm every night. She is now 6months old. Come join "Common Sense Parenting" group if you need more gentle ideas on how to get the little one to sleep! :)

Hope that helps.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 8:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Yes, your baby can go on your schedule! I put my 5 month old down at 7pm every night. Consistancy is key. It won't take long at all. :)
    DianalovesRich

Answer by DianalovesRich at 8:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Schedules are for buses not babies! Babies are not a convenience but something that you love and bend with so that they will grow to be amazing adults. Put babies needs first not your own.

Anonymous

• we have a bedtime routine but no schedules.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 9:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• A schedule makes you and your baby happier. You know why they are crying and what they need at that moment.
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Schedules are very important, but not always enough. Try the magic sleepsuit that helps babies sleep better and longer. Its designed by a mom and pediatric physical therapist. See www.magisleepsuit.com. Testimonials on the site are great.
    Anonymous