what is a good age difference between children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• 2 years works good for us ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:11 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have a 5 year old an no plans for more
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have 3 girls 4 yrs, 2 yrs and 7 months :)
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have 7 children. The oldest one is almost 22 and the youngest is 5 so there all kinds of age difference in our house. Every age difference is special. The ones with smaller age differences are really close, share interests and do things together.

The ones with big age differences have another special relationship. The older ones are really protective and help out a lot, they show a lot of love to the little ones. The little ones look up to the older ones and love spending time with them!

I say, any age difference is special.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 11:13 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My girls are all about 3+ years apart.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:13 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Any. In my opinion, the family will be exactly what it needs to be, no matter what age difference there is. I have sisters 10 and 12 years older than me and I am closer with them than the brother and sister I have who are 2 and 3 years younger. My kids are 2 years apart and that's hard for me, honestly. My daughter is old enough to get into everything and create HUGE messes (like sour cream smeared all over our couch) but not old enough to help out with the care of the baby. It's a challenge to meet both her needs and my son's needs every day. Our next will be spaced out quite a bit more.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• There is no right answer. It's your decision but mine are 6 yr, 14 yr and NB in Oct
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 11:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It's different for everyone. If you go according to what doctors say, for letting your body heal & whatnot, they'll be 3+ years apart. Some throw caution to the wind and have them back to back - I did, and I'm happy with it - I couldn't imagine having my kids years apart, I like having them close in age. But there are many moms that couldn't handle 4 kids 5 years apart (oldest child was 5yrs 2mos when baby #4 was born).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• 4.5 years is working for me.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• when God gives you the next! JMHO
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2010