does the new stimulas plan include money to low-middle class people?

i looked on the internet about it and all i could see was a plan to give more foodstamps, medicare and help those laid off. has anyone heard if its the same as the last stimulas plan that will give us checks in the mail? i dont get foodstamps,medical and were not laid off so how can this benefit those of us that dont qualify for these but are still barely making it?

hotmama541

Asked by hotmama541 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i read on the site for it that it is only if you didnt get a full payment last year not everyone is getting it
    Anonymous

• what do you mean full payment? i thought everyone got what they were qualified to get.
    Anonymous

• it said something aboout people that had things wrong with their tax forms or something like that and some people didnt get what they were entitled to but it did say that not everyone was getting it this year
    Anonymous

• I was supossed to get 600 since I filed taxes last year and I never recieved it, my husband got his and for our son. I am once again getting screwed out of my share to be honest. From what I saw with this one is it's for the women who didnt get their last names changed on their social security cards and everything else. My husband and I could really use the extra handout we don't get public assistance or for stamps or WIC and we are barely making it so I know how you feel. I almost want to go sign up and get those things but then would feel guilty because their is people less fortunate than me who could use it even more
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• thats what i want to know- is it like the last one that will give us a certain amount of money even if we did get $ from the last stimulas plan???
    Anonymous

• I still have my maiden name on my Social Security Card... And I got my check in June.
    StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I'm the same as StarMommy--my SS card still has my maiden name and we received ours electronically. Early June as well, I think.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 8:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Ugh, more begging for handouts. GET A DAMN JOB.
    Anonymous

• i don't think they have all the details worked out yet.
    i just assumed it would be the same as the first one.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• IF YOU DIDN'T NOTICE ANNO 8:50 WE DO HAVE JOBS- not asking for hand outs want to know what is in going on- i personally dont think it will change much of anything
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2008