Whats the point?

Okay, let me re-ask my ? since someone posted thinking I had expectations of my parents to just come to watch my child. How would you feel if your parents came to spend the night and left soon soon as they got up and that was it... It was pretty much bye love you and they were gone.

marcnsarah

Asked by marcnsarah at 11:21 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Not enough info. Maybe they live far away and spending by spending the night it gives them a fresh start for driving in the morning?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:25 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• They do live 1 & 1/2 away, but they usually stay with me at least until noon.
    marcnsarah

Comment by marcnsarah (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• not much info true

but i will say old people like to get up early and get on the road
    my S?O father and wife like this, they wait until we are up, they have had their coffe and car packed, we pour a cup of coffee for ourselves and they are saying goodbye
    just the way they are, up early and on the road

if more to story then i did not get it from question
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Um excuse me, you STATED that you were mad they didn't stay longer because you wanted help with your kid becasue you are in college. You wouldn't have posted that to begin with if you didn't have expectations. Deleting the question and retyping it doesn't change the facts. You didn't get the answere you thought so you deleted it. Grow up, seriously.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• maybe your kid/kids were driving them nuts...?? lol no offense to you or your kids but before i had kids i would go visit friends and on more than one occasion they were the reason i left earlier than planned but of course i didnt tell my friends that : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Nahhh... I'm done with CafeMom all I get is negative responses out of people like Musicmom80 who has nothing nice to say. I just worded my ? wrong... Musicmom80 you know nothing about me so BACK OFF! I'm having a really hard time right now and I don't need people like you posting things and making it worse. So unless you have something positive to say then don't say anything at all.
    marcnsarah

Comment by marcnsarah (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• my mother is similar to this where she says she'll help out but so far hasn't followed through. just learn not to depend on them to help out. it might suck but this is the life you chose and have to live it on your own with out any expectations from anybody. yeah i get upset she does this but hey if she doesn't follow through and help with the kids or with my housework what can you do. accept it and live on.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You have to realize that it is very hard to get across exactly what you want to say online. You cannot show facial expression, no one can hear y
    our vocal cues or tone. No one knows your story. No one knows the hard time you are having.

So, your parents came to stay the night. And you would have liked for them to stay for a few more hours, to give you a little bit of a break? Is that it? They didn't, and you are more stressed out now then before because they DIDN'T stay, and you thought they would. Since they usually do, and you expected they would again. Am I close?
    It's possible that you are more stressed during this visit then past visits, and they may have felt that them being there was adding to it. It's a shame you didn't talk with them about it, and then things could maybe have been worked out. PM if you'd like, I know what it's like to be stressed, with kids. Hubby was deployed last year. It was HORRIBLE.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• What's wrong with that? maybe they had something else they had to do, and they just didn't want to discuss it?
    I suppose next time they stay over, talk to them about how long the will be staying so there are no surprises.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Sorry, but your sentence said, it would be nice if they stayed longer, I need help because I'm in college. Why would you say that if you weren't thinking it. Why don't you stop blaming me for YOUR post, and be honest. How is that wording something wrong. If you don't want honest answers don't post, simple as that. I wasn't mean. I think you were a little rude to be honest. Can't hang, get off the computer and deal with it yourself. Everyone answered your question, you are whining because it wasn't what you thought you would get. Sorry.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2010