Agree with these polls?

In an Associated Press-GfK Poll this month, 60 percent disapprove of the job congressional Democrats are doing – yet 68 percent frown on how Republicans are performing. While 59 percent are unhappy with how Democrats are handling the economy, 64 percent are upset by the GOP's work on the country's top issue. Just over half have unfavorable views of each party.

Most say President Barack Obama isn't cooperating enough on the economy, yet even more accuse Republicans of the same thing. Former President George W. Bush and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin – the only two Republicans the AP-GfK Poll tested – are both viewed negatively by more than half in the survey, worse than Obama's marks. And people overwhelmingly fault Bush more than Obama for the recession.

Emile Wery, 66, a military retiree in Pahoa, Hawaii, rated both parties unfavorably in the poll. He says Democrats aren't doing enough to create jobs and Republicans

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:24 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I'm mad at both parties.

That's what you are really asking, right?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Its ashame, repubs will be rewarded because of the anti incumbent sentiment...considering these results you'd think there would be a stronger showing for 3rd party candidates

The bigger shame is the likes of Charles Rangel won his primary....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No way, they are adopting the PSYCHO's ...and spewing the same garbage as the last 20 years and pretending its ne

~I didn't say it was the R's currently.... I said, most likely it WILL BE the R's.. ;o) R's will need to show they are fiscally conservative in order to win over the majority of Americans (incl independent center rights <--- are the majority of Americans)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• girly... I agree with you on some of that, however, I believe social issues are linked to our fiscal problems. We've got nearly 3 generations of people with entitlment issues in this country. Plus, our president's lack of patriotism (a social issue) has led to some embarrassing and nearly treasonous moments from him during his brief time in office.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have never disagreed that pubs are also part of the problem ..mainly RINOS.This is why the party needs a very good cleaning.As for GWB I have always disagreed with the bailouts.I feel that was a stupid move and not a conservative one.I also feel the dems played a huge role in our mess some of which is related to fannie/freddie.I do not fully blame O but he has not helped he has made it all worse.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• O was also a senator ..so I do not believe he can be completely blameless for some of the past...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• They aren't and both partys have some big problems that should be dealt with.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The dems and repubs in congress is what we are talking about. People are fed up with both...and yet they are still voting for them...there is no viable 3rd options.

Miller is an example of third party... What it will take~ is 'another party' to take over the 2 major... Most likely it will be R to make the shift. R's need make the focus fiscal responsibility and clean their party out... D's have moved so far progressive that they are losing touch with Mainstream American left center voters.. I would be willing to bet that Most Americans care about how this nation is spending moreso than the social issues... We can't help ourselves if we have to borrow from the likes of China the way we have been over the MANY years. I would have thought that DC would have learned by now.. Alas.. Nope.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• There needs to be a NEW party , SEPERATE from the two..

There does, but I don't see it happenning over night. The best way to do it is to infiltrate one of the current parties. Progressives took over teh Democratic Party, but the reality is the Majority of American's don't agree with the Progressive Big Government idealogy. The Religious "right" took over Republicans, but the reality is the majority of Americans don't care as much as they do about social issues. IMO~ I am willing to bet Fiscal issues, defense/security, and US growth/development are more important to most Americans than social issues...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You make some excellent points brandy...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010