Trust anymore?

I know my s/o's Facebook password and came across him chatting with a friend from high school which she lives across country. It was somewhat sexual in nature. I copied & pasted it and send it to myself in an e-mail for later, just in case, you know. Anyway I told him what I read and he said they weren't meaning anything by it. Should I consider this completely cheating or just Bill Clinton's way or not considering cheating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• i would say a bill cheat because husband is denying it like bill did
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:32 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i don't think e-sex is cheeting. I think to cheat you actually have to see/ touch someone
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• There is no reason whatsoever to have a sexual discussion with a woman other than you. It sounds like a prelude to cheating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would say just like Bill Clinton. You husband is denying even when you have proof. Definitely crossing the line and considered cheating in my book. If you didn't confront him where else would this go? How would he like it if the tables were turned? Would he take your denial of it being nothing, highly doubt it?
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 11:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would say he didn't cheat...yet. Have him get rid of the facebook completely. Obviously he cannot handle that kind of freedom without thinking about infidelity. Talking to other women like that is not fair to you, but if you can stop it then maybe you can trust him again.
    chris_1988

Answer by chris_1988 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• bill clinton
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• He may not have physically cheated on you, but it's absolutely an emotional, relational cheat. He needs to know he lost your trust and he's got to build that back.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It's not cheating. So what if it's sex talk with a friend from HS? How is that any different than reading sex stories or watching porn? Why are you so wrapped up in controlling everything sexual about him? Are you that insecure?
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It's not cheating, but inappropriate conversations.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• For me, and for my marriage............

This would be cheating.. Based on agreements (legally binding ones due to our post-nup) that were made between my husband and myself. This would be cheating and cause/reason for divorce.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2010