red bumps/dots around mouth/chin/neck?

My son is almost 3 weeks ol and I breastfeed. Today I noticed that he has these little red bumps/dots around his mouth, chin, and neck. could this be a reaction to what I've eaten or just normal?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 11:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• honestly, could be either
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It may just be a reaction to the area being moist a lot. Try washing with a gentle baby soap and keeping it as dry as possible.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 11:41 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My son is now 4 weeks old and I've discovered the same thing happen this past week. Except its not around his mouth, but on his forehead ,chin, and cheeks. I've heard it is just baby acne as a result from all the hormones from mama that are still in his system. We are just keeping it clean and dry and it's seeming to slowly fade day by day.
    jaylyndenae

Answer by jaylyndenae at 12:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Baby acne
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 12:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• my DD is 3weeks old on monday and she is staring to have the same thing too, its a tiny bit on her forhead, and left side of face. not much but enough to notice it. my mom says its baby acne and normal, but i am also breastfeeding and wondering if its somthing im eating.
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Its baby acne my younger Daughter had that, its the same thing as cradle cap the DR told me but for some it settles on their skin in a rash like form instead of crusty scalp.

He gave me an extremely mild cortizone to use it went away in days
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2010